Broadbent & Associates, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. The company offers health insurance for employees and their families, 401(k) compensation without the requirement of an employee contribution, a quarterly bonus program, opportunities for advancement, and a friendly work environment. If you are qualified for and are interested in any of the open positions listed here, we would like to hear from you.
Current Career Openings:
Project or Senior Level Environmental Scientist/Engineer – Air Quality Division
Broadbent is seeking an Environmental Scientist/Engineer to join our consulting team in Henderson, Nevada. The successful candidate will work on a variety of interesting technical projects for construction, mining, industrial, and commercial clients throughout the southwest. This person will assist clients with air quality permitting, environmental regulatory compliance, and related technical assignments. Work will include permit applications, emission inventories, technical and economic feasibility studies for pollution-control equipment and processes, dispersion modeling, and written reports. Responsibilities may also involve the following: site evaluations and investigations; spill prevention, control, and countermeasure plans; stormwater pollution prevention plans; and fire permitting. In addition, the job will require working directly with clients and permitting agencies.
- Assist clients with air quality permitting and compliance reporting
- Application preparation, emission calculations, dispersion modeling, and document review
- Help clients to achieve their operational goals while remaining in compliance with air quality regulations
- Work on other environmental permitting initiatives as needed (SWPPP, SPCC, NEPA)
- Applicants should have a strong mathematics background and well-developed writing skills
- A four year science or engineering degree
- Three years previous air quality experience
- Familiarity with NSPS And NESHAP requirements
- Ability to perform multiple tasks within scope/budget/schedule expectations
- An advanced degree or professional licensure
- Experience working with federal air regulations such as PSD/NSR and CAA Title V, as well as state air construction permits
- Demonstrated organization and project management skills
- Aptitude for developing client relationships
- Henderson, NV office, primarily. Applicants near other Broadbent offices (Reno, NV; Chico, CA; Vacaville, CA; and San Antonio, TX) are encouraged to inquire.