POSITION TITLE: Client Acquisition Associate
REPORTS TO: Board of Directors / Marketing Team
FLSA STATUS: Exempt
EMPLOYMENT STATUS: Full-time, Permanent
This position will work toward procuring business opportunities in alignment with our strategic plan through the research and exploration of new and untapped business opportunities. Our ideal candidate would research and identify Request for Proposal (RFP) / Request for Qualifications (RFQ) opportunities, respond to those opportunities with the assistance of other appropriate Broadbent personnel, prepare company qualification documents, populate and manage client information software, and participate in business development and marketing meetings as they relate to RFPs / RFQs, SOQs, and CRM database maintenance.
Essential Duties, Responsibilities, and Qualities
The essential functions include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Identify new business opportunities through research and analysis.
- Develop a Go / No Go criteria for RFPs / RFQs.
- Manage the proposal response process, including detailed RFP / RFQ requirements and content creation, with inputs from relevant staff.
- Assist in the preparation of office specific proposals, as necessary.
- Assist in the selection of appropriate Client Resource Management (CRM) software.
- Train company personnel in the use of CRM software using remote teaching tools (Zoom).
- Populate and maintain the CRM software for the company.
- Participate in Business Development and Marketing meetings as they relate to RFPs / RFQs, SOQs, and CRM database maintenance.
Minimum Qualifications (Knowledge and Qualifications)
- Bachelor’s degree in business, management, or communications or qualifying work experience.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills as well as attention to details.
- Proven ability to plan and manage resources.
- Working experience with CRM software (specific software to be determined).
- Proficiency with data analysis and forecasting.
- Basic understanding of the industry, with the ability to become a subject matter specialist on the job.
- Ability to work remotely.
- Easygoing personality.
- A wide variety of experience.
- Membership in relevant professional organizations.
Applicant must possess the ability to work individually and as a team member; the ability to apply general rules to specific problems to produce answers that make sense; ability to combine pieces of information to form general rules or conclusions (includes finding a relationship among seemingly unrelated events); ability to arrange things or actions in a certain order or pattern according to a specific rule or set of rules (e.g., patterns of numbers, letters, words, pictures, etc.); ability to communicate information and ideas while speaking so others will understand; and ability to communicate information and ideas in writing so others will understand.
Critical Thinking: Using logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions, or approaches to problems.
Active Listening: Giving full attention to what other people are saying, taking time to understand the points being made, and asking questions as appropriate.
Complex Problem Solving: Identifying complex problems and reviewing related information to develop and evaluate options and implement solutions. Should possess strong problem solving, research, and communication skills.
Speaking: Talking to others to convey information effectively.
Time Management: Managing one’s own time and the time of others, when necessary.
Active Learning: Understanding the implications of new information for both current and future problem-solving and decision-making.
Judgment and Decision Making: Considering the relative costs and benefits of potential actions to choose the most appropriate one.
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee(s) incumbent in this position. Employees will be required to follow other job-related instructions and to perform other job-related duties requested by people authorized to give instructions or assignments. Duties and responsibilities are essential functions and requirements and are subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities. To perform this job successfully, the incumbents will possess the skills aptitudes and abilities to perform each duty proficiently. The requirements listed in this document are the minimum levels of knowledge, skills or abilities. This document does not create an employment contract, implied or otherwise, other than an “at will” relationship.