1. Briefly describe what you do here at Broadbent & Associates, Inc.
I work in the engineering department and provide civil and environmental engineering services to private and public entities. Design related tasks include permitting new water systems and upgrading existing water and wastewater systems by preparing plans and applications for state agencies. I’ve prepared spill prevention, control and countermeasures plans and stormwater pollution prevention plans for various industrial facilities. I assisted in the development of plans of operation and grading plans for mining companies. I performed hydrology studies and reports, renewed discharge permits, and helped prepare maps for water rights permits through the Nevada Division of Water Resources.
2. If you could learn to do anything, what would it be?
Pick up playing the electric guitar again- I played in high school in an all-girl cover band but stopped playing once I started college
3. What would you name the autobiography of your life?
Following My Calling: The Journey to Find a Purpose
4. What does your workspace look like?
Spread out. I need everything to be visible and organized in my own weird way.
5. If you won the lottery, what is the first thing you would do?
I’ve never played the lottery but if I did I’d invest. I know that may be a boring answer, but I can’t help it.
6. What would you do (for a career) if you weren’t doing this?
7. When you have 30 minutes of free-time, how do you pass the time?
I have a breathing app on my watch that I use for meditation and de-stressing time.
8. What is something you learned in the last week?
A lot of Autocad drafting
9. What’s your favorite indoor/outdoor activity?
Outdoor-snowboarding Indoor-binge-watching Apple TV shows (I have a lot of favorite shows)
10. What chore do you absolutely hate doing?
Cooking-I hate cooking so my boyfriend and I eat out a lot.
11. If you could meet anyone, living or dead, who would you meet?
I was always fascinated with this philosopher Kant- I would pick his brain if I could meet him
12. What three traits define you?
Disciplined, Outgoing, and Caring.
13. How do you define success?
For most people, they think money equates to success, but I believe that success is about reaching for your own personal goals and achieving them.
14. What inspires you?
My dad, he really inspired me and motivated me to always push myself. Additionally, my superiors and previous professors inspire me too. They are so experienced and intelligent and I have learned and will continue to learn so much from them.
15. What is your favorite thing about working at Broadbent & Associates, Inc.?
I really admire how knowledgeable and experienced the engineering department is and everyone in the office as a whole are nice and really personable.