POSITION TITLE: Human Resources (HR) Manager
REPORTS TO: Board of Directors
FLSA STATUS: Exempt
EMPLOYMENT STATUS: Full-time, Permanent
Broadbent & Associates, Inc. is searching for an experienced Director of Human Resources at the corporate level to provide leadership for strategy, structure, and performance in delivery of the full range of human resources services to our eight offices in the western U.S. The director will learn Broadbent’s distinctive culture and become familiar with our 2019 Strategic Plan. The director will develop strategies and standards for delivering cost effective and innovative services to employees in accordance with Broadbent’s culture and strategic plan; provide guidance to senior management on human resources issues including formulation and recommendation of relevant policies and procedures; and develop processes to ensure creative, innovative employee life cycles from recruitment to termination. It is anticipated that the position will be based in either our Reno or Las Vegas, Nevada office.
The Director of Human Resources will report directly to Broadbent’s president at the same level as individual office managers.
- Thoroughly understand and embrace Broadbent’s 2019 Strategic Plan
- Understand and foster company culture and values
- Design, manage, implement, and evaluate key human resource initiatives
- Develop staffing strategies for key technical and management positions and produce job descriptions for open Broadbent positions
- Manage recruiting and retention at all levels to attract and maintain talent
- Manage employee onboarding, engagement programs, training, and development
- Drive companywide employee/corporate communication and connectivity
- Provide input on growth planning
- Develop, interpret, modify, and enforce company policies while striking a balance between the needs of the company and the employees
- Manage compensation strategy and benchmarking
- Design and manage employee performance review program
- Review existing human resource information systems and make recommendations, as needed
- Serve as a liaison between Broadbent and our subcontracted human resources contractor, Prism Global Management Group. It is anticipated that Prism’s services would continue to include employee handbook development and revisions to ensure compliance with federal law, management of employment legal compliance, management of workplace investigations, assistance with worker compensation claims, providing an 800 number for employee concerns, and assistance with recruiting.
Knowledge, Skills, and Experience Required
- Bachelor’s degree, advanced degree a plus, with emphasis in a human resource related discipline
- 10 to 15 years of experience in all areas of human resource management
- Senior Professional in Human Resources (SPHR) certification preferred
- Strong written and verbal communication skills and presence
- Demonstrated history of achievement and success in leadership capacity
- Relevant experience in a professional services environment; knowledge and experience in environmental consulting industry a plus
Broadbent’s Director of Human Resources should be proactive rather than reactive and serve as a business partner supporting company growth, opposed to an inflexible enforcer of the rules. Our most important resource is our people, and the director should actively find, train, and support Broadbent personnel. It is our preference that the director be friendly, approachable, and willing to attend company events and social functions without concern that they must keep a professional distance from employees.
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee(s) incumbent in this position. Employees will be required to follow other job-related instructions and to perform other job-related duties requested by people authorized to give instructions or assignments. Duties and responsibilities are essential functions and requirements and are subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities. To perform this job successfully, the incumbents will possess the skills aptitudes and abilities to perform each duty proficiently. The requirements listed in this document are the minimum levels of knowledge, skills or abilities. This document does not create an employment contract, implied or otherwise, other than an “at will” relationship.