POSITION TITLE: Information Technologies (IT) Manager
REPORTS TO: Board of Directors
FLSA STATUS: Exempt
EMPLOYMENT STATUS: Full-time, Permanent
Broadbent & Associates, Inc. is searching for an experienced IT Manager who can maintain and expand our computer networks. The ideal candidate will be able to manage our WAN, LAN, and SAN computer platforms, while looking for ways to grow our networks in a cost-effective way to meet future needs. The IT Manager will be responsible for developing network maintenance and growth plans, creating annual and project budgets, interacting and developing training for technical staff, and keeping the executive team up to date on the latest networking technologies that could help the company to succeed. Broadbent currently maintains offices in Nevada, California, Texas, Colorado, Utah, and Illinois with new offices planned and all of these offices would need to be served by this position.
Essential Duties, Responsibilities, and Qualities
The essential functions include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Serving as a liaison between Broadbent personnel and our selected IT contractor with the intent of providing uninterrupted IT services;
- Develop innovative network troubleshooting methods that reduce downtime and lower repair costs;
- Work closely with departmental managers to determine the maintenance and growth needs of the network;
- Plan, deploy, and manage installation of new hardware and software;
- Monitor changing network technology and deliver a technology update to the executive team each quarter;
- Responsible for creating and administering disaster plans that will keep the company functional in the event of a crisis;
- Immediate response to network outages, coordinating necessary resources and activities for prompt and appropriate restoral.
- Determine the rationale and methods for upgrading company network software programs each time an update is released.
- Providing training for new and existing personnel regarding the use of our IT systems;
- Assistance in the maintenance, operation, and design of the Broadbent webpage, to the extent possible;
- Developing a data retention policy; and
- Developing folder / files mapping and file naming standardization.
Minimum Qualifications (Knowledge and Qualifications)
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or related field.
- 5+ years’ experience in information technology management
- Office 365 experience (Exchange, Teams, OneDrive, SharePoint)
- Strong problem solving and communication skills
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Products (Windows Server, Office 365)
- History of development of training programs
- Ability to travel to other Broadbent offices
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills as well as attention to details.
- Proven ability to plan and manage resources.
Critical Thinking: Using logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions, or approaches to problems.
Active Listening: Giving full attention to what other people are saying, taking time to understand the points being made, and asking questions as appropriate.
Complex Problem Solving: Identifying complex problems and reviewing related information to develop and evaluate options and implement solutions. Should possess strong problem solving, research, and communication skills.
Speaking: Talking to others to convey information effectively.
Time Management: Managing one’s own time and the time of others, when necessary.
Active Learning: Understanding the implications of new information for both current and future problem-solving and decision-making.
Judgment and Decision Making: Considering the relative costs and benefits of potential actions to choose the most appropriate one.
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee(s) incumbent in this position. Employees will be required to follow other job-related instructions and to perform other job-related duties requested by people authorized to give instructions or assignments. Duties and responsibilities are essential functions and requirements and are subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities. To perform this job successfully, the incumbents will possess the skills aptitudes and abilities to perform each duty proficiently. The requirements listed in this document are the minimum levels of knowledge, skills or abilities. This document does not create an employment contract, implied or otherwise, other than an “at will” relationship.