Senior Water Wastewater Operator
POSITION TITLE: Senior Water / Wastewater Operator
DEPARTMENT/DIVISION: Las Vegas, Nevada
REPORTS TO: Victoria Tyson-Bloyd
FLSA STATUS: Exempt
EMPLOYMENT STATUS: Full-time or part-time
Conduct compliance sampling and operations and maintenance and / or supervise on a range of potable water and / or wastewater projects in Nevada and California for an environmental consulting company. Selected candidate will work with a project manager and have support from junior water / wastewater operator(s).
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
The essential functions include, but are not limited to the following:
- System inspections, O&M, optimization, and monitoring
- Measurement of field parameters and collection of compliance samples (depending on certification)
- System maintenance, troubleshooting, and repairs
- Embrace and support a safe work environment
- Maintain site safety and field logs
- Assist in preparation of operation status and periodic reports
- Willing to stop work as necessary to prevent incidents or impact to the environment
- Requires extensive field work (80%) and travel both in Nevada and other western states
- Must be willing and able to travel
Minimum Qualifications (Knowledge, Skills and Abilities):
- Relevant operator experience (10+ years, G1, T2, and D2 a plus)
- Interest in potable water / wastewater and environmental monitoring, working toward additional certifications
- Strong mechanical / electrical skills
- Experience working with valves / piping, pumps, generators, controls, and sampling equipment
- Self-starter and quick learner with effective communication skills
- Ability to work individually and as part of a team, flexible
- Strong attention to detail and safety
HAZWOPER and MSHA training certification are preferred but can be provided if necessary. The senior operator will be expected to work closely with and mentor junior operator(s).
This is a salary-based position with full company benefits (i.e., Health Insurance, Life Insurance, 401K Plan, and paid Sick Leave, Holiday, and Vacation) when working full time.
Valid driver’s license required; pre-employment drug/alcohol testing are employment prerequisites.
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee(s) incumbent in this position. Employees will be required to follow other job-related instructions and to perform other job-related duties requested by people authorized to give instructions or assignments. Duties and responsibilities are essential functions and requirements and are subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities. To perform this job successfully, the incumbents will possess the skills aptitudes and abilities to perform each duty proficiently. The requirements listed in this document are the minimum levels of knowledge, skills or abilities. This document does not create an employment contract, implied or otherwise, other than an “at will” relationship.