POSITION TITLE: Water/Wastewater Operator
REPORTS TO: Office/Division Manager
FLSA STATUS: Exempt
EMPLOYMENT STATUS: Full-time, Permanent
Conduct and/or provide support on a range of potable water & wastewater projects in Nevada and California. The selected candidate will work under the supervision of a Project Manager and Senior Operator.
Essential Duties, Responsibilities, and Qualities
The essential functions include, but are not limited to the following:
- Complete safety training and technician/operator training
- System inspections, operations, optimization, and monitoring
- Measurement of field parameters and collection of compliance samples
- System maintenance, troubleshooting, and repairs
- Embrace and support a safe work environment
- Maintain site safety and field logs
- Assist in preparation of operation status and periodic reports
- Stop work as necessary to prevent incidents or impact to the environment
- Requires extensive field work (80%) and travel both in Nevada and other Western States
- Must be willing and able to travel
Minimum Qualifications (Knowledge and Qualifications)
- 5 or more years of relevant operator experience
- Interest in potable water/wastewater and environmental monitoring
- Strong mechanical/electrical skills
- Experience working with valves/piping, pumps, generators, controls, and sampling equipment
- Self-starter and quick learner with effective communication skills
- Ability to work individually and as part of a team
- Strong attention to detail and safety
Potable water and/or wastewater certifications preferred, but not required. HAZWOPER and MSHA training certification are also preferred but can be provided if necessary. Our Senior Operator will mentor and supervise work activities. Operator may also be utilized to support environmental field work including groundwater monitoring/sampling, and collection of soil, water, and air samples on various projects. Salary-based position with full company benefits when working full time.
Other: Valid driver’s license required; pre-employment drug/alcohol testing are employment prerequisites.
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee(s) incumbent in this position. Employees will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform any other job-related duties requested by any person authorized to give instructions or assignments. All duties and responsibilities are essential functions and requirements and are subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities. To perform this job successfully, the incumbents will possess the skills aptitudes and abilities to perform each duty proficiently. Some requirements may exclude individuals who pose a direct threat or significant risk to the health or safety of themselves or others. The requirements listed in this document are the minimum levels of knowledge, skills or abilities. This document does not create an employment contract, implied or otherwise, other than an “at will” relationship.